As flexible packaging complexities increase, the need for higher performance films is arising. One key area is to provide improved bonds thereby decreasing the risks of product destruct.
BOPA - with chemical treatment - 12/15/25 micron, offering improved lamination bond strength.
PET - High corona (typically 56 to 58 dyne) - 10 to 50 micron, offering improved ink adhesion
PET - chemically treated:
- Acrylic - 10 to 200 micron, improved ink adhesion
- Copolyester - 10 to 200 micron, improved ink and / or lamination bond
*strength up to 800 grams
- PU - 10 to 50 micron, superior ink and / or lamination bond
*strengths typically 800 to 1000 grams
- Plasma - Cleans surface of defects
- Copolyester - Improved bonds of metal to film, different products
*ranging from 400 grams to 1000 grams
BOPP - flame treatment - Longer period where film can be used for printing, laminating, & coating